Monday, June 17, 2013

Why I am Going with the PS4 First

With the advent of a new generation of consoles coming out, it's time to start throwing our lot with one company in the future. It is not a hidden fact that many of us can't afford to own all three consoles and so we are forced to make a choice. Considering the dominant side genres in my taste range are rpg's and adventure games, I will be casting my dice with Sony first. PlayStation has always been the system to go to if you wanted to play the best of these genres. I can't see this generation being any different in that regard. The Xbox has never really offered exclusives in those genres that would make it worth purchasing in the future. PlayStation is also cheaper than Xbox. That's a big deal when money is tight. I don't know about anyone else, but that is an extra game in my pocket. The Wii U is better priced, but it's not nearly as powerful. I think the biggest deterrent to the new Xbox right now for me the 24 hour check in. People, if you did not know, that takes up bandwidth. You might be paying almost an extra $100.00 a year for that. Yeah, I am poor, so no thank you. It also makes sense for me since I own a PS Vita.  Now that Sony is asking the developers to make the games cross play compatible, I will finally get the full use of the Vita that was promised to us by Sony.

So yeah, I am going PS4 first.

No comments:

Post a Comment