Monday, June 3, 2013

Monday's Gaming Post: BlazBlue and How DLC Sucks

Geez, I honestly don't have much to post today. My day consisted of applying to jobs I will never hear back from and playing BlazBlue on the Playstation Vita. That reminds me, you can download BlazBlue for free if you are a Playstation Plus member still. It's an amazing fighting game that I keep getting my ass kicked in. I am doing better, but it's going to be an uphill battle. The variety of characters and their unique styles of fighting really shows that Arc Systems put a great deal of time into making an excellent game. There are so many options to choose from. I find myself always selecting network and ranked match, only to be disappointed by my abilities in this game.


In other news, apparently data is showing that Halo 4's DLC is not keeping players engaged in playing. If you look at these charts, you can see a drastic dip of hours logged into this game. I am not really surprised by this. What keeps players engaged is a great game. Look at Halo 3 for instance. It may have had DLC, but what kept players coming back was an incredible and basic multiplayer. There were no superpower ups that you attach before battle like Bro of Duty, you just went out there and kicked some newbs ass while Teabagging them and telling them how much sex you had with their mother. DLC is only good if it adds to the game tremendously like Blood Dragon did for Far Cry 3 or Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen expansion did. Making DLC for stupid stuff will not keep gamers engaged in your product. I mean, the spartan missions were the same thing every time, so the lack variety did kill it a little bit. The point is, if you are going to make DLC engaging, it has to be ridiculously awesome to the 10th power.

That's it for today, happy gaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment