Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Valkyria Chronicles


This tank really is a beast in this game
Sorry for the long absence guys. It was a busy weekend. I worked and played with my new PS3. Let me tell you it is worth every penny. I decided to pick up a copy of Valkyria Chronicles too. I have got to say, this isn't a game you should miss.
This game takes in a World War II looking universe. Gallia is being invaded by The Empire-the resemblance to Nazi Germany is uncanny--and you must defend this small kingdom.  You take control of a small militia under the command of Welkin who was studying to be a botanist before the war. I have not gotten far enough yet myself so there is most definitely more to the story.
The game plays like a cross between a tactical RPG and a third-person shooter. You move the character like Star Wars Battlefront but you get a limited amount of movement points. You also control a tank and 5 unique units. These units are scout, shock trooper, lancer, engineer, and sniper. It's important to diversify your squad if you want win.
One aspect I find to be a key element is the leveling system. You gain experience by winning skirmishes and spend those points to train your troops. The way it works in this game is that it levels a unit type opposed to a specific character. It's a great system that makes leveling up seem less tedious and time consuming. You can also "level" your gear by purchasing upgrades from the R & D Shop. It's important to do this if you want to survive the upcoming battles.
When it comes to presentation, this game is unique. I really do enjoy the art style. It has a special feel to it that I honestly can't describe in words. The story really does sound like a typical World War II story with all its references to the history of that war.
I could talk about this game more but I suggest that you give it a try. It will be worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment