Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Another Snowy Day and Fire Emblem

Today is another new day to spend countless hours in front of a screen and play videogames, especially if you are in the snowy tri-state area. Trust me, I won't be doing much more than planting my rear on my friends couch and playing Fire Emblem: Awakening for a good portion of the day. For most of us in North America, we have had the blessing of playing this game yesterday through digital download. If you were really lucky, you were able to get your hands on a physical copy of this enormous game. It took me over 8,000 blocks (I think that is 1.5ish gbs) to download this game. You know this game will amass some serious playing time and possible achy muscles.
So let me tell you, this game is phenomenal. I know that you probably have heard every review site and most gamers tell you that much, but I am going to tell you one more time. It has to be one of the best games I have played on a handheld console in awhile.  I am going to break down my run in this game so far.

As I fired my game up, I decided to brave it and choose the option of allowing my characters to die in battle if they were defeated and man, that was a BIG mistake. Even on normal difficulty, one wrong move could land you into an ambush from your enemies. If the character is not strong enough to handle the onslaught of attacks, expect to restart the game if they fall in battle. It's incredibly frustrating if you really like the character or were working towards a character like Donnel. Again, be prepared to restart your game if you value a character and they defeated in battle.  
As I learned from my mistakes in battle, I began to really feel like the tactician your character is supposed to be. I am finally moving my characters like chess pieces on the board and bringing my opponents into submission. This game's enjoyment increases as you have more opportunities to wage war against stronger opponents and strategy becomes a big part of the game. Sorry, I need to go play some more so I will post more later!   
A quick note. It's a typical JRPG story. The End. 

No comments:

Post a Comment