Friday, April 26, 2013

Soul Sacrifice Demo: My Impressions


I was left with a choice in this game. Do I sacrifice or save this tainted wizards life? I had made my choice and sacrificed him to gain new destructive powers. I was ready to continue to the next mission, no matter how brutal the next encounter will be on my character. I was armed with mostly ice spells and healing spells to tear my opponents up. I knew the next battle would be brutal.

It actually was pretty hard. It took me a solid 17 minutes to take down the Giant Harpy. Oh yeah, this giant harpy had a fat woman's face. No, this was not part of the main stories harpy either but a trials boss. I had used up a lot of my spells before this beast went down. I was basically clinging on to life thanks to my A.I. allies. Things definitely got harder after that because I had to take down a Cerberus and it's tough. I had to use up all my magic, burn my skin for a really powerful spell. and sacrifice an ally just to beat this monster. If the rest of the game pans out like this, I am going to be in for a fun nightmare.

My overall impression of the game has been positive. I am enjoying the Monster Hunter-esqe feel to the game without it actually being Monster Hunter. I am loving the fast pace, magic slaughter-fest this game brings to the Vita. I like that I can choose to go all ice or fire based magic but still use the similar basic magic as other elemental wizards. The magic is pretty unique and if timed perfectly, can be pretty devastating to the monsters. I also like the aesthetics in this game. The colors--even though a darker tone--are very vivid and the costumes are fashionable for a videogame. I can even tell the difference between my character and another person's character during battle. The worlds are beautifully crafted and the enemies are fearsome looking. I find the detail in this game to be A+ material for a handheld. Finally, the controls respond well. I honestly had no problems attacking or moving my character around. I just wish they would add a jump button to this game. Here is hoping for one in a future update

This game has so far reeled me in. I am enjoying this more than most games I have played in recent memory. I find it to be a great alternative to Monster Hunter if you are into faster moving battles. The full game comes out April 30th so be prepared to be sacrificed!


No comments:

Post a Comment