Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thursday's Classic: Banjo-Kazooie

Where is that Jinjo?

MAN DO I FEEL OLD. This Nintendo 64 classic was released in June 1998. That's almost 15 years ago. I still recall getting this classic on my 10th birthday and slapping it into my N64. God, did I spend hours playing this and not doing any homework. You ran around as a bear with a bird in your backpack doing open world stuff like collecting notes and solving environmental puzzles. You could also collect Jinjo's located throughout the Banjo-Kazooie universe. As far as I can tell, they don't really do anything special for you but that's okay. Some of us are perfectionist and must collect them all. Anyway, this game was a great alternative for Mario 64. It was open world, puzzle doing, enemy stopping, and crazy. The best way to describe this ridiculous game is by telling you to look into a kaleidoscope and make sense of it all after going to the bar for a few hours. Anyway, you can pick up this fantastic game on Xbox live if you don't already own it.

P.S. This is one of the few games that I will say the younger generation of gamers have missed out on.
This makes a lot of sense


No comments:

Post a Comment