Monday, March 11, 2013

My Top 4 XBOX360 Games

Microsoft's prodigy child, the Xbox 360, has graced us with great games for the last 8 years. I think it is only fair to make a top game list for this system with the advent of a new system this year. So, here are my top five you need to play.  P.S. I am aware these games appeared on other platforms so shh.

1. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
I don't care if this game has been released on multiple systems, this is one of Xbox's best games. It is an open world game that let's you shape your own destiny. You are the dragonborn and are destined to battle the evil dragon. It's almost a typical rpg story that you cannot help but love. My favorite aspect of this game has to be the fact I can be anything I want. I can be a Nord who runs around with a battle axe and slay monsters or an Elf that can go around a burn pedestrians.

2. Halo 3
This game is what pushed me to buy an Xbox 360. Not one game can compare to Halo and its ability to sell a system. With that being said, Halo 3 was the best of the series. This game was a basic FPS but that was a good thing. It was your typical run-and-gun shooter with the added benefit of pissing people off with teabagging. Regretfully, the newer Halo games have taken that aspect out with their CoD style of play. Actually, that is what made Halo 3 great, it was an alternative to Call of Duty for people who wanted to have fun. Maybe one day, we will get back to the way Halo used to play.

3. Assassin's Creed II
I think you can make an argument that this game defined free roam and epic story telling. You control Ezio and seek revenge for your father's murder. You become an assassin and do assassin stuff. A pretty basic but fulfilling game. The graphics in the game were gorgeous and the movement for the most part was smoothed. I enjoyed jumping from rooftop-to-rooftop and I really enjoyed cutting my foes down with hidden bladed. In all fairness, if it were not for this game, we would have seen the end of the series.

4. Borderlands 2
If any game can get my friends interested in RPG's, it would be this game. Borderlands combines rpg elements with FPS game play and by God, it works. I have spent 70+ hours of senseless killing in this game and I enjoyed every second. You take control of 5--soon to be 6--Vault Hunters and chase down Captain Jack. I want to state that Jack is a ridiculous character. The dialogue in this game is hilarious and disturbing and the graphics are colorful and bloody. Yeah, go play this if you haven't.

Well, that is all I have for today. SO GO PLAY

No comments:

Post a Comment