Thursday, July 4, 2013

Rune Factory 4

Have you ever enjoyed simulator games like Harvest Moon and Animal Crossing, but wish you could play it like a dungeon crawler too? Look no further and pick up a copy of Rune Factory 4 when it comes to North America in August for the Nintendo 3DS. Rune Factory is a Harvest Moon spin-off with all of your favorite role-playing elements like battling monsters and collecting new weapons. I can't say I have ever played one, but it does look interesting enough to warrant a pick up. I mean, who doesn't want to play a game with the added bonus of 3-D? 

As I watched the trailer below, I couldn't help but think this game plays like a Legend of Zelda game when you dungeon crawl. I am not complaining though, I do enjoy that type of gameplay. Rune Factory 4 allows you to use different types of weapons such as a sword or spear. I think that's pretty cool. I have always been a man of pole-arms in games--and when I did martial arts--and I think they are always a welcomed addition to any game.

There is one reservation that I have with this game. I am never comfortable with the dating aspect of games, especially when the characters look too lolita for it. If you are unsure what that means, look at these characters. They don't look more than 14 years old. That's weird. Well, that's weird because I am a 24 year old man and not a coming of age teen. At least with Fire Emblem, you knew most them were adults and I could at least relate to that, sort of. I digress from the overall game though. It looks like it will be a fun game to play for a few hours here and there. I know, minus my reservation from what I mentioned, I will give this game a try.


No comments:

Post a Comment