Saturday, July 13, 2013

Persona 5: What I Want


According to every website on the internet, Atlus has registered the domain, Persona5.com. That's awesome. I have been waiting for another installment in this game series. It really isn't surprising that a new one is coming considering how popular these games are, even in a niche market. With this news in mind, there are a few things I do hope for this new game.

1. A New Setting
Let's be honest, most of us are not in high school and probably close to or already graduated college that play these games. Heck, the average gamer is apparently in their 30's at this point. It's time for Atlus to up the ante and give us something we all can relate to better, like college or adulthood. I understand the appeal with JRPG's and high school, but many of us are long past that. I can't really relate to a coming of age story when I already came to age. I am 24, how can I relate to a 16 year old? I can't and I am sure many of us--unless you have Peter Pan syndrome-- can't either. So Atlus, how about giving us a new setting instead of kids in high school. I don't mind the overall scenario of Japanese urban life in these games, just the high school setting.

P.S. Am I the only one that feels like these characters always look more in their late teens, early 20's in these games?

2. New Persona Summons
This one is fairly obvious. Nothing makes a consumer want to buy a new installment like new content. That being said, I want new to be able to summon new persona's. I have always been a fan of using Jack Frost in these games, but come on, I need a new favorite. I think everyone is expecting new summons in this game. I don't even know why I bothered writing anything for this section.

3. A New and Old Story
Who doesn't like a new story in a new installment of a game? Want to know what I like better than even that? A new story that ties the old games together. If you have never played a Persona game, I can understand why this topic may not make sense. Persona 3, Persona 4, and Persona 4: Arena stories all connect to each other. It all has to do with shadows and midnight. I can't really go into why they connect without spoiling everything. If any of these games were 10 years old, I would because you should have played them by now. Anyway, I want to see these stories connected in Persona 5. I want more answers and I want more closure. BLAH.

4. Have it for both Handheld and Console
Want to know what I really like to do? I like to be able to take a game I am playing and play it anywhere. With the way technology is today, this is possible and is already being done. If Atlus was smart, they would make this game cross-play. This would allow all of us to pick up from where we left off on whatever system. It helps when I am not always home to play on my consoles. If they could make Persona 4: Golden that awesome, they could do it with Persona 5. The end.

With all that in mind, I am really excited for this game and cannot wait to play it.


No comments:

Post a Comment