Monday, May 6, 2013

Ys: Memories of Celceta and Why I am Excited



Ys: Memories of Celceta is a re-imaging of the two Ys: IV games, Dawn of Ys and Mask of the Sun set to be released in September. If you are unfamiliar with either of these games, don't worry since both versions never made it out West and both versions came out in the early 1990's. Thanks to XSEED, we will now have the opportunity to play Falcom's retelling of these tales. The basic premise of the story follows Adol Christin and his exploration of the Celceta forest.

I can't lie, I am really excited that this game will be localized. The Playstation Vita is lacking in localized rpg games and I feel it's suffering because of it. So far, the Vita only has PSP rpgs and Persona 4: Golden. That isn't enough to quench my thirst for epic tales and experience grinding. I am aware that the PSP has some awesome rpgs to play, but I want to see the Vita's full potential being used on new games here. If this game does well in the West, I think it will open up a door to more game releases here. It might make these game companies give up on holding their reservations about releasing games here.

I will leave this post with some images of the game for you guys to look at.
















No comments:

Post a Comment