Monday, May 20, 2013

5 Kick Ass Songs in Videogames

It's Monday and I am back from Ocean City, Maryland. It's been over a week since I have had a chance to blog about one of my favorite things, videogames. I thought, what better way to kick back into this blog then to write about some kick ass songs in videogames? Let's be honest, videogames have some of the best music out there. Heck, some songs top charts all the time. For this piece, I am only going with music that plays during the actual game. So here are 5 of the many that I personally enjoy and I hope you enjoy as well!



5. Tales of Symphonia - Fighting of the Spirit

When this Tales game came out on the GameCube in the early 2000's, it was ambitious and awesome. How do you compliment ambitious and awesome? You do so by adding a soundtrack to compliment such greatness. If any Tales song stands the test of time or more beloved, it's this one. Just go look up all the remixes and covers of this song if you don't believe me. This theme originally appeared in Tales of Phantasia and since its debut, has been arranged for other games in the series. It really captures the essence of what an RPG's sound track should include. I posted the best version of this song below, enjoy.



4.  Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow - Battle Theme

Everyone who had a childhood can hum this tune on a whim. This theme would play anytime you encountered a trainer ready to be clobbered by your insanely powerful Farfetch'd or Mewtwo. These trainers had no idea what you were about to throw at them, but by god, you would sweep them with water gun.  


3. Final Fantasy VII - Battle Theme

If there was any game that people cream over like bacon, it's Final Fantasy VII. I do admit that this is my favorite battle theme in any of the Final Fantasy games. It really works on building up a climax and really pumping the adrenaline while killing cacti people and other weird monsters. I decided to post a video below that really demonstrates what a few guitars with videogame music can do, especially with a theme as awesome as this.

2. Halo Theme

Nothing gets you driving more reckless then blasting the Halo theme down the highway. You know it's time to man your make believe gunner's turret when this song starts playing and your friend is swerving out of the way of a newb pistol shot. This song really should have been looped during any match that had any multi-man vehicles in it and an open world to boot, like Valhalla.
  

1. Guilty Gear X2 - Holy Orders

Yes, this is my number one kick ass song for this post. You don't even know the magnitude of this on a Richter scale. That's all I need to say about this epic tune.


That's it for today guys, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment